You must allow cookies in the "Personalisation" category to see the location map embedded here.
Edit cookies now
The tour is interchangeable in start and finish, each of which has a railway connection and canoe stations. The tour can be extended to approx. 65 km, 4 to 5 days as a circular route via Lychen back to Fürstenberg/Havel. There is a cycle path link between the two towns. Along the old lifeline, across lakes and a section of the Upper Havel, the tour leads through impressive landscapes and settlements. In addition to evidence of bygone eras, there are stories of a long relationship between people and the river to discover.
Length / duration: 42 km (2-3 days)
Start: Fürstenberg / Havel / Destination: Templin
- Public transport: From Berlin main station with the RE5 (Neubrandenburg) to Fürstenberg / Havel (about 1h).
- Car: From Berlin via the A111 and B96 to Fürstenberg / Havel (approx. 1.5h).
- Public transport: From Templin with the RB12 to Oranienburg. From here continue with the RE5 (Elsterwerda) to Berlin main station (approx. 1.5h).
- Car: From Templin, ZOB, take bus 517 to Fürstenberg to the car (about 1h).
Canoe rental: Several providers are available at the start and end points and for extensions via Lychen.
Route: Fürstenberg / Havel, Fisch-Kanu-Pass/Schwedtsee, Siggelhavel, Stolpsee, Havel, Templiner Wasser, Großer Kuhwallsee, Großer Lankensee, Röddelinsee, Templiner Kanal, Templin
nautical information: no information
maps / literature :
- "DKV-Water Guide for Eastern Germany: Canoe Guide for Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, Brandenburg, Berlin, Saxony-Anhalt, Thuringia and Saxony (DKV Regional Guide)", German Canoe Federation; Paperback - 14 June 2021, 19,95 Euro
- "Touren Atlas Wasserwandern / TA5 Berlin-Brandenburg mit Spreewald: Oder, Havel, Spree + Nebengewässer", 1:75.000 & 1:25.000, Publisher: Jübermann, 24. September 2021, 29,90 Euro
End of tour
NORDLICHT Tour & Kanu
Brandenburger Straße 33
All information, times and prices are checked and updated regularly. Nevertheless, we cannot guarantee the accuracy of the data. We recommend that you enquire about the current status by telephone / e-mail or via the provider's website before your visit.